Welcome to my newest blog, which is just for those times when we are having holidays and/or travelling around our fascinating country, Australia. To read about our 7-month trip around Australia, see http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com to follow my mini adventures, visit http//:SnippetsfrommyStudio.blogspot.com To see some of my scrapbooking and how I develop in cardmaking, my newest hobby, visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com

Monday, May 7, 2012

Yet another blog

I've decided that I don't want to have holidays mixed up with miniatures and so I have started this blog for our holidays.  Not long trips like our round-Australia one probably, but shorter holidays like this first one of three weeks.  Of course I'll be doing minis on the trip too, and you can read about them on my blog here on which I'll describe what I get up to mini-wise.  If this doesn't work out, well, it's possible to delete a blog after all lol!


If you have been reading my other blogs you know that Peter, Nathan and I love to travel.  Especially with our caravan.  This first trip starts off with a church camp for Grey Nomads from 3rd-12th May.  It is at the Adventist Convention Centre in Stuarts Point, on the north coast of New South Wales.  For those of you in other countries, Aussies call middle-aged and older people who travel around the country with their caravans, campervans, mobile homes or 5th wheelers, Grey Nomads.  It's an apt term, don't you think?  I've described more about it hereNot that it is only grey-haired people who travel around the country, indeed it is not only Aussies who travel around the country. People come from overseas for periods of time - sometimes quite extended periods of time - to see Australia.  Aussies might travel for short periods or even sell up their homes, invest in some form of caravan or mobile home and travel full time for years until they get too old to manage.


We love to travel with our caravan. It's about 8 years old now but still suits us fine, except that Nathan isn't as independent as we thought he would be by 23, and still travels with us.  We enjoy his company and just regret that we didn't buy a van with a configuration that would make it possible for him to have his own room in it.


I've posted photos of our caravan interior before on one of my other blogs, and you can see them here.  On the title of this blog you can see the outside along with our 4WD Pajero, which we use to tow the van with.  The caravan is 18'6" long on the outside and if we are staying in one place for several days we put up the annexe and Nathan sleeps in there instead of on the seat across the back of the van.  I've taken some photos of the annexe today, to show you how it is set up for this trip.  This first one is looking from the door of the annexe, looking towards the rear of the van.  Our comfy chairs are folded up and just leaning against the table.  Nathan's bed is on the left and our car fridge is at the end of his bed.


This next one is taken from the window end at the rear, looking towards the door.  You can see Nathan's bed, the table that he likes to have beside his bed, and in the foreground is the folding table and chairs that we use when we eat outside.

The flooring you can see is a special double-weave type of shade cloth that lets dirt go through it while not stopping the grass from growing underneath.  In wet weather it is pretty good at stopping the water coming through.


We are very comfortable in our 'cocoon' and love having our own things around us wherever we go.   I hope you enjoy following our travels on this new blog.
Blessings,
Sandie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments, it means a lot to me that you spend the time and effort to leave them.

Popular Posts