Welcome to my newest blog, which is just for those times when we are having holidays and/or travelling around our fascinating country, Australia. To read about our 7-month trip around Australia, see http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com to follow my mini adventures, visit http//:SnippetsfrommyStudio.blogspot.com To see some of my scrapbooking and how I develop in cardmaking, my newest hobby, visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Grey Nomads - Making music .......

.....with a saw!
I've seen people playing the spoons, even making music blowing through a hole in a gumleaf.  But I've never seen anyone playing your common or garden variety wood saw before.  It was quite amazing.  He played it with a bow like a violin bow, and it was beautiful music.  The saw was long a flexible and the photo shows the vibration of the hand and the movement of the bow.
It was one of the musical items before the session tonight, and his wife accompanied him on the piano as he played a medley of old, classic hymns.  Quite a remarkable performance and only one of the lovely musical treats we've feasted on all week.

The program tonight was the second last to be given by Dr Roy Adams, who was born and raised in the Carribean.  It is his 10th visit to Australia and he is learning our ways - he's even found he likes Marmite lol!  Most of us who were raised Adventists grew up eating Marmite, which is put out by Sanitarium Health Food, rather than Vegemite, which was a copy of the original Marmite.  I really enjoy his humour and passion; his message is always so inspirational.
The 2pm workshop today was computing.  We had been encouraged to put in questions beforehand so that Ron would know what sort of thing we wanted him to address.  I asked 2 questions about blogs, to answer questions that a friend has asked me and he emailed me a quick reply earlier in the day then came to visit me at the caravan.  I had been following up on his suggestions when he came, and was surprised to see him.

He introduced himself, and we discussed briefly the meeting later on in the afternoon.  He said that the reason he had come to see me was that he had had a look at this blog and was really impressed with it and could he show everyone at the beginning of the meeting to inspire them to do something similar as they travelled around?

And so he showed this blog up on the two large screens at the front of the tent to the attendees (not all 600 were there, but about 400 were) and discussed it!  And most people knew exactly whose it was even though they didn't know me personally because they have all noticed Nathan of course, and there was a photo of him in yesterday's post. 

As a result, I will be showing someone how to set up a blog tomorrow for her overseas trip, and people have been asking me questions about computers today.  

It was very nice of him to say such flattering things about Snippets on the Move, but I know there's a lot that could be done to develop it further yet.

Tomorrow is Friday - the week has flown!
Blessings all,
Sandie


.

2 comments:

  1. My friend the celebrity! What a fantastic thing to happen and a wonderful opportunity to inspire others to join blogland. Continue to enjoy your time there,
    Hugs, Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Not quite a celebrity, I think. But if I can help anyone start a blog I am happy to do so. It is certainly lots of fun to share our adventures with friends all over the place, and a great way to reach out to people we'd never have the chance to meet in other ways. Hugs, Sandie xx

      Delete

I really appreciate comments, it means a lot to me that you spend the time and effort to leave them.

Popular Posts