Welcome to my newest blog, which is just for those times when we are having holidays and/or travelling around our fascinating country, Australia. To read about our 7-month trip around Australia, see http://SandrafromSydney.blogspot.com to follow my mini adventures, visit http//:SnippetsfrommyStudio.blogspot.com To see some of my scrapbooking and how I develop in cardmaking, my newest hobby, visit http://ScrappySnippets.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last of Grey Nomads for this year

Sunday 22nd May
From Tuesday I missed the rest of the meetings, which wasn’t in the game plan.  I will have to make do with the DVDs of the programs that we have ordered.  I came down with bronchitis, probably viral but with a bacterial infection as well so I am on the dreaded antibiotics and going for the world record in coughing.  But if one has to be unwell this is certainly a lovely place in which to be so!
Here are a few photos of the features of the campground.  First of all, there are the usual cabins.  They vary in style a little bit, but here is one.



There is also a motel, I could only fit a small part of that into the photo.

And a lovely feature is the little prayer chapel, which is open all the time. 

The garden is starting to show its autumn mode at the front, but Is still quite attractive and invites you to enter.

It has ‘praying hands’ etched windows

And a striking stained glass window at the front (rear?) end.

It is simple, functional and yet a spiritual place and one has a deep sense of peace upon entering.

Peter drove me down to Grassy Head beach, which is a popular morning walk for many of the Grey Nomads. It only takes about ½ hour to get there.   We had planned to walk there several times this year too, but it can wait for next time. 



Most of today was spent watching the majority of people departing, saying goodbye to friends and acquaintances, and enjoying our last day in this lovely place.  I had intended to walk around with my camera recording the beautiful constant chorus of birdsong but every time I went to do so I was distracted by yet another ‘goodbye’ that needed to be said.  We and our friends aren’t leaving until tomorrow, and the same for quite a few others here so the farewells will continue even then.

So tomorrow we too will pack up and head further north, another 250 or so kms, to Broom's Head, back to the caravan park we went to last year and we will spend a week there as well before starting south again, calling in to see our daughters on the way home.
Blessings
Sandie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate comments, it means a lot to me that you spend the time and effort to leave them.

Popular Posts